Ahhh...time to relax. Finally! I feel like the past week and few days has been nonstop. I guess the bright side to being so busy is that I haven't had time to feel alone or sad about leaving people...well...mostly. But it is nice to finally get to sit and relax.
Monday night our social tutors...the folks making sure we had fun while at orientation threw a party at one of the clubs in the union. The club is called cognito...which sounds like a funny club name to me. It was a dance club, not my type of thing, but I had a blast. Cali girl, Oregon girl, and Nigeria girl and I all danced most of the night. The music selections were...well...how do I put this...odd. Mostly the standard dance music, remixes of songs, and the occasional Bon Jovi and Billy Joel!? Yeah...Billy Joel. Apparently that's big over here. It was amazing how different dancing is here than back home. The guys aren't all over you. There were large groups of guys dancing together. It was amazing! I also had a blast getting to know a few new people.
We spent most of the next day recovering from our late night. Then I left my small little space on campus to stay with 2 of the only English people I knew before coming here for a few days. That's where I am now. Hanging at their house. Don't worry mom...they're feeding me well. :-) Plus I got a trip to Ikea to buy some stuff to allow me to cook when I do get into my own place.
Like I said, it's been a lot of fun. It still doesn't feel like I live here and I miss my family, friends, and my dog a whole lot. I really miss Phantom...even his constant licking. Hopefully when I get settled and stop living in a suitcase things will become more normal. Regardless, I do know this was the right decision and I'm so happy I'm here. I can't wait for classes to start on Monday.
Cheers!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment