The festivities officially started on Sunday. Mary invited me over for lunch, where we proceeded to eat way too many pancakes with strawberries and honey. It was so good. I'd been thinking about how much I wanted pancakes on Saturday. She must be reading my mind. After lunch we baked cupcakes. She even decorated 2 special for me.
I've been sick for a few days now. I was feeling better yesterday, but today I felt worse than any other day. At least yesterday I felt well enough to leave my room. I went to class to find that 2 of my coursemates had baked cakes for me. One was a walnut poundcake. Since I can't eat nuts, Daniel pulled all of the nuts out of a piece and gave me a small bite so I could at least taste his cake. Ed's cake was a 2-layer sponge cake with whipped cream and berries between the layers...mmmm...
Once I got home, Megan called to take me out for a little while. I met her on campus and we had a good time just relaxing and talking a bit about classes. I should hang out with her more outside of class, but we're always soooooo busy.
After campus I went out with my European friends. When I arrived, Christian gave me a huge hug and a present. I wasn't expecting presents from people, so it was really cool that he thought of it. It's apparently from a German movie. I like the flowers as well...they are real.

No comments:
Post a Comment