Thursday, January 1, 2009

You fear the year will blow like a breeze through a rainbow

~Carbon Leaf

I can't believe it's 2009. It seems like just a short time ago I was writing essays and anxiously awaiting the news on whether or not I'd be a finalist for a Fulbright scholarship. It seemed like being in England was so far away. Yet, here I am, 3 months down, 9 to go. How does time slip by so fast?

I've been back 2 days (3??) since I was home for the holidays. It was a great 2 weeks at home, much too short. But I got to spend time with the people that matter most to me and that's what's important. I already miss getting licked by my dog, and having my parent's dog standing in my lap. I miss getting kisses from my niece, and playing with legos with my nephew. I miss annoying my brother, and picking on my sister-in-law about not knowing what day of the week it is. I miss watching my dad laugh at the silliest things, but then hiding that grin when he realizes someone is watching. I miss seeing my grandmother and how much improvement she's made since I first left in September. And I miss getting hugs from my mom. Moms always give the best hugs. But good news...I'll be back again in 3 months and then my mom gets to come back with me! I'm really looking forward to that time. To getting to show her what my life looks like over here. I can't wait!

It seems everyone else out there in blogland is posting their resolutions. Generally I don't mess with them. I don't stick to them anyway. So, I'm not posting any. I'm not going to put something out there, because I have it written down, in a place I will see everyday, and if that's not enough accountability, then I don't know what is.

So, Happy New Year! The first 20 hours have been great. I can't wait to see what the rest of the hours bring!


No comments: