Being home at the end of March/beginning of April was amazing! I got the chance to see some of my favorite people in the world (my parents!!!). I had every intention of spending my time at home doing some research on my thesis project, but that didn't quite happen. I honestly just think I was a bit burnt out and needed a few days of a break. So, I spent some time with my parents, the kids, and my brother and his wife. It was great! Even the part where my dad and I spent the better part of one night just making fun of this season of American Idol. Anyone else think it's time for a break from that show??
But no worries, the week wasn't a complete waste. I spent a day in Raleigh catching up with the former place of employment (hey to those reading and sorry if I didn't make it by the say hi in person). But the real purpose for that visit was to get some things squared away on my thesis and I have to tell you, I feel a ton better about the idea...if I only had time to work on the thing now.
The overall purpose of the trip though was the celebrate the wedding of one of my former roommates. They have to be one of the more romantic couples I've ever had the pleasure to call friends. And I have to tell you, they couldn't have been any luckier on the weather that day. 70 degrees and sunny while getting married at the Court of the Carolinas. Congrats guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment