Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The sun was out, the air was warm

~Ted Leo & The Pharmacists

It's been quite the whirlwind of spring breaks for me. By far, the best spring break ever! And it's still not over! Bear with me while I take a few posts to catch up on all the happenings. It's well worth it, well the pictures are anyway.

I headed home for a week at the beginning of my break, making the usual pit stop in London along the way. This time in London was a bit different because I had enough time to walk around, but no real desire to see or do anything. Especially since I'd be spending the next 2 weeks there. So, I checked into my hostel and just headed out around Picadilly for a while.

As I came up upon St. James's Park, I noticed quite a few people heading in one direction. Naturally (or stupidly) I thought to myself, "I wonder what those people are going over there for" and followed. I soon found myself at the Household Calvary Museum so I walked through and learned a bit about the guys on horseback that help guard the monarch. It was pretty cool. After finishing in the museum I walked back outside to see a bunch of people taking pictures. Same natural thought followed, "I wonder what they are taking pictures of." So, I rounded the building and found this:
I was rather happy about my curiosity. The rest of the day was rather low key as I really just couldn't wait to get home and see Phantom, Lucy, and the family. Plus, I was heading home for a totally amazing wedding...and who wouldn't be excited about that. By the way, London in spring time is rather beautiful.

No comments: