It's been a great couple of weeks around here. Great in the sense that I don't have any more classes or homework or exams...beautiful weather on the weekends...and lots of productivity on the thesis. However, working on my thesis means weekdays where I don't leave my room...which is starting to get to me.
This weekend was a blast. I headed out for dinner on Friday with the twins and one of the other Americans from class. The twins left Saturday for 2 weeks to work on their projects back in Sweden. It feels strange not having them around to waste time with. But they'll be back soon. It was so nice, we really should have eaten out in the Beer Garden at the pub, but because nice weather doesn't happen around here very often, it was too crowded.
Saturday I got to spend walking around town with rem. We looked at the random merchants in the market, took a walk through the park, and then tried to make a decision about watching a movie. We ended up not watching a movie and I headed home to relax.
Sunday he decided to take me for a drive around the area. We had the intention of finding a random village pub to go sit outside and enjoy the weather...but an hour and a half later we still hadn't found a place. It was fun just getting out of town though and seeing the villages in the area. Eventually we found a little pub that he passes on his way home. It was fun minus all the green flies. After beating flies off us for about 45 minutes, we decided mother nature had won and we headed back to town. Then we hit up one of the local pubs and enjoyed the fly free sunny weather of their beer garden. Great fun!
Today was very very productive and I now have a much better feeling about my thesis. I just hope the rest of the week is just as productive. The highlight though was the awesome thunderstorm tonight. I haven't seen lightning at all since I moved to this country. I was very excited by it and stood at the door watching the lightning and downpour. When I got back to my room I saw the most amazing rainbow over the countryside and along with my neighbor, went to capture the beauty of it. I really miss home, but I'm glad I get little reminders every now and then.

1 comment:
we saw the same rainbow last night! the downstairs, basement gym and pub were all flooded. glad my room was on the 2nd floor!
we missed you last night. i heard 'news' that needs some explaining, missy.
Post a Comment