Thursday, July 16, 2009

Peaceful reflections

I woke up this morning only to realize that I have 2 months left. 2! That's not a lot of time. That also means I have 1 month left until my thesis is due. But I'm not too worried about that...yet.

It's been quite the interesting 10 months here in England. Lots of highs, lots of lows. And looking at what I've experienced, I wouldn't trade any of it...well, except I'd give anything (including this past year) to still have my grandmother around...but that's understandable.

A year ago I was worried about how I'd pay for this whole thing. Now, I'm worried about how I'm going to pay it all back. I thought my dreams were about to come true. But now my dreams are so jumbled I don't really know what the real one is anymore. I've learned more than I thought I would, made some amazing friends, meet people from all over the world, met the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with, seen various places in England, been to Scotland and France, and as of today, going to Spain. I couldn't have imagined half of that a year ago.

So, with my last 2 months here I hope to take in everyday and experience as much as possible. It's going to be tough leaving this place. But I can't wait to get to land back home and see my parents are the airport. That moment will be one of the greatest.

No comments: