Sunday, November 2, 2008

My soul sings

~Delirious?

I'm apologizing yet again for my lack of posting. It's been one of those weeks that couldn't end fast enough but also didn't leave enough time for everything. But it was very fun at times.

The weather here has turned quite cold. This week especially I've had a hard time getting warm. It really makes me miss Phantom and how much he likes to cuddle. I hope my parents are enjoying all the warmth he provides, because I certainly miss it. Last night it rained, hard. It was also really windy, and cold. Today wasn't too bad, except for the cold, but at least it wasn't raining. Maybe this is the start of that "English weather" everyone keeps telling me about. Either way, I stand by my statement that if it's going to be this cold it should snow. That hasn't worked for at least 10 years though, so maybe I should give up on it.

The concert Saturday night was AMAZING! I don't think I have the right words to describe the atmosphere. It's been a long time since I've been to a Christian concert but this time things were different. The feeling and the movement within me was pretty sweet. I met up with some friends at the concert, which was a lot of fun because I'm actually starting to form relationships with people that I would call friends. It makes being here easier and makes me realize that the people I choose to spend my time with really do matter.

This was the last week of lectures in my first 2 classes. I'm glad they're over, mostly because it means that I will be able to start learning more detailed information. I have exams this week though so I'm trying really hard to stay focused on studying, which makes writing this blog seem rather unhelpful.

Last Tuesday night our professors took us out for an evening of skittles. I'm not one to brag, but I totally rocked at skittles. It's a lot like bowling, but still very different. Basically you through a wooden block called the "cheese" down an alleyway and try to knock down the 9 wooden pins at the end. This isn't the greatest picture, sorry.

Otherwise life here is taking a pretty normal pattern. I catch up on schoolwork everyday, read more things than I ever thought I would, and I have a pretty normal schedule of when I go out...typically on the weekends. I do think I need to find a new study place though because having a tv in my apartment and the internet are really big distractions. After the exams this week I'll hopefully have some time to post some pictures of my big trip on Saturday. I'll leave you in suspense until then.

Cheers!


No comments: