*This post was also taken from my travel journal...*
Edinburgh: Day 2
I did not sleep well. I swear it may have been warmer outside! But anyway- after getting dressed - sans shower, I proceeded into town.
After spending a few hours at the castle I proceeded to walk the Royal Mile. This was basically Old Town for me. Lots of gift shops but still pretty neat.
I decided to take a second stop back in time and go on the tour of Mary King's Close. This is an underground area that used to be street level - before they built the city chambers on top. It's also supposed to be haunted. No ghost sitings, but it was a neat experience.
I continued along the Royal Mile until I reached the Palace of Holyrood. Not quite as commanding as Buckingham, but still breathtaking. What struck me the most was the Scottish Parliament building across the street. so modern - it has no problem sticking out amongst all the old.
Finally I took a hike - with literally breathtaking views - through Holyrood Park. I went up to Arthur's Seat. Since it was beginning to get dark by the point, I headed back down the volcano - did I forget to mention I'd climbed a volcano? - and back up the Royal Mile.
I headed back to Haymarket for dinner. Then to the cold of the hostel - thoroughly exhausted.

No comments:
Post a Comment