~Interface
Sorry for the delay again. It's been a busy and overwhelming 3 weeks here in my life. It's been about 3 weeks of classes in the new term. And guess what, on Friday I take my final exam for the class I just started 3 weeks ago! That still seems odd. I can't believe I've finished an entire class in 3 weeks. But then again, I'm really glad. This isn't really material that interests me, so it'll be nice to get into the classes I chose to take. Plus I get to learn how to drill a borehole in 2 weeks! And get to play with pumps! Yeah, ok, a little strange.
The past 5 days have been by far the worst 5 days I've experienced here. I honestly don't know how much longer I can hold things together. And normally I wouldn't write about this kind of stuff, but I'm doing something VERY different and VERY bold because there's someone that really needs some help. So, bear with me...if you don't want to ruin your mood, stop reading here...please!
On Saturday morning I heard about the passing of probably the greatest influence on women's basketball, Coach Kay Yow. Most of the country wouldn't know this lady, but I had the pleasure of being on the sidelines for 4 years cheering on her teams. She was such a presence, especially with her very public battle (of 21 years) against breast cancer. Wolfpack country lost a very valuable person on Saturday. What hit me hardest about this news was that my aunt was diagnosed with cancer several years ago. She's fine now, but watching Coach Yow and knowing how long she fought, I can't help but wonder, what if it comes back for my aunt? And that scares me...badly.
Then Sunday morning I found out about the passing of a friend of mine from high school. Granted, we hadn't kept in touch, it still touched me because of all the talk of our reunion this year. (Has it really been that long?!) Plus, she had a baby girl last week...and I can't help but feel for that child.
Then my mom told me on Sunday that my grandmother was in the hospital. She's doing better, so I'm trying not to worry. But it always seems to be a mystery of sorts.
And to top it all off, my manager informed me tonight that our boss will not be returning to work. (Here's where I really need some help!!) He's a new boss, only been here a little over a month, and he's 23. Today he was told he has cancer and was only given 6 months to live. At 23! And it all puts things in perspective.
So, I don't normally ask for this, and it's way out of my comfort zone. But people say God performs miracles and heals those that are sick if we ask. So, I'm asking God for a miracle for Kristian and I'm asking anyone else out there reading this to also pray for healing and a miracle for him.
"When my world falls apart and the light turns to dark.
When the clouds gather round and the storms overwhelm.
When my heart breaks in half and my strength cannot last.
When I'm lost in this land and I can't see Your plan.
I'll stand...
On Christ the solid rock I stand,
all other ground is sinking sand."
~Interface
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
oh, karen, I am so sorry to hear of all the sadness you have been experiencing, and the pain for those you know.
I will pray for Kristian. Thank you for going out on a limb and telling us.
Post a Comment