"Summer" has officially begun. Well, our first bbq of the summer anyway, so that makes it summer right? Yesterday a bunch of us from class got together to have a cookout. It was quite an interesting affair, which surprised us all with the end result.
It took a good 20 minutes to get the charcoal to light and stay lit. But then mother nature tried to ruin it all with a nice little shower. However, 4 of us sacrificed our dry backs to keep the rain off our tiny little "grill". We regretted that later in the evening when it began to get chilly.
It was a nice break from the frustration of the thesis project. I have narrowed down my topic and the group I'm actually going to focus on. So, if anyone knows anything about Native Americans and their water rights, please get in touch with me.
In other news, the weather here is crazy. I think I've finally discovered the truth about English weather. It tricks the newcomers into believing that it doesn't always rain, and then bam! everyday it rains. Although it does remind me of a Florida summer. You know, where it's sunny, then rain, then 30 minutes later you'd never know it had rained. But, and this is a big one, it's no where near that warm, it doesn't thunder, and it's more like 10 minutes of sun, 1 hour of rain, 10 minutes of sun, well...you get the picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment